Stratify Safety Services
Health & Safety services
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the subsequent legislation places substantial responsibilities on an employer. All employers must have a Health & Safety policy and this must be in a written format where there are five or more employees.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 requires that Risk Assessments must be carried out for the risks from the workplace and work activity as they affect employees and non- employees. The significant findings of risk assessments must be recorded where an employer has five or more employees. All employers must appoint a Competent Person to assist in achieving their Health and Safety statutory compliance. We can work with your own appointed Competent Person or act as your Competent Person dependent on need.
Our services are designed to provide you with the tools, systems and support to ensure that compliance is achieved in a format that will enhance your business performance.
Products & Services
- We can write your Health & Safety Policy as part of a Health & Safety Management System.
- A General Health & Safety Risk Assessment will be completed. This may identify the requirement for more hazard specific risk assessments such as Manual Handling or COSHH.
- We can audit and adjust as required your Health & Safety Policy and Health & Safety Management System or carry this out on a third party on your behalf
- We will be on the end of the phone for immediate support with your queries or concerns.
- All of the above will be bespoke to your business and designed especially for managing your work place. Training can be provided on introduction by one of our consultants.
Ever tightening legislative controls combined with an increasing requirement to be able to provide answers to questions raised by interested third parties (customers, shareholders, tenders), has resulted in companies needing to take a close look at the way in which they manage environmental issues on their sites and to provide evidence of their commitment to environmental management.
Whether you are intending to attain a formal environmental management standard e.g. ISO14001 or develop an 'in-house' management system, we can help you to address the following key stages:
- Identify baseline environmental conditions on site or on your premise
- Assess environmental risks/impacts associated with site activities and give control recommendations
- Implementing means to control and mitigate environmental risk
- Establish an environmental management framework
- Set an environmental action plan
- Checking effectiveness of the EMS and making improvements
A quality management system can improve the way you do business and improve the amount of business you carry out as you become more efficient and therefore more profitable.
ISO 9001 : 2008 is the internationally recognised standard for quality. Certification to it reassures your customers that your organisation is fully committed to quality by continuously undergoing the scrutiny of an accredited third party certification body. However an in house system can help tighten control and produce benefits initially to reduce cost
From the outset, benefits become apparent as the implementation process itself makes you focus on the workings of your business.
We can help you to develop a system which will:
- Improve the delivery of your service
- Rationalise line management structures
- Improve communication, coordination, planning and administration
- Reduce wastage by cutting rejects and failures from design through to supply
- Manage of suppliers and subcontractors more effectively
- Differentiate your business by using ISO 9001:2008 as an important marketing tool